THE BELOW TOURNAMENT RULES APPLY TO THE TFA 4V4 CHALLENGE ONLY.
TOURNAMENT CONTACT / APPLICATION MAILING ADDRESS
STS/ (Tournament Name)
6000 Cala Lily Street
Santee, CA 92071
Using existing & new laws of the game.
TFA 4 v 4 Challenge, Tournament Rules
- 4 players per team on the field (no goalkeepers);
- Substitution is on the fly.
- 2 x 12 minutes halves (running clock with no timeouts) (2 minute half times breaks)
- Goals may only be scored from the offensive half of the field.
- ALL ages can head the ball,
- ALL Free Kicks are direct
- No offside
- One adult per team on the sideline
- ALL players must wear shinguards.
- No throw-ins, all kick-ins from a boundary line and or fouls are direct kicks
- Defending teams will give 3 yards on all kicks from the field (Unless space permits otherwise)
- Goal kicks may be taken from anywhere on the end line.
- Goal Size: Estimated 4ft tall x 6 ft wide
- Goal Box Arc: Estimated 5 ft in front of goal , 8 ft wide (half circle)
- NO player may touch the ball within the Goal Area (however players may run through the goal area)
- If offensive player touches ball in goal area = goal kick
- If defensive player touches ball in goal area = penalty kick (a direct free kick from anywhere on the goal line into open goal – all players will be behind the ball – once the penalty kick is taken it will either result in a goal for the shooter’s team or a dead ball indirect kick for the defense.
- If the ball stops in goal area = goal kick •
Yellow Card offense – player must be subbed from the field for 3 minutes.
Red Card offense (2 yellows) - player gets disqualified from the game, but can play the following game(unless the tournament director decides otherwise).
Red Card offense - Fighting or any violent conduct -or verbal abuse to referees or to opposite tam players - player gets disqualified from the tournament.
Team Max Roster, 8 players. RECOMMENDED 5 -7 players per team.
Mercy Rule - At the trailing coach’s discretion; if the lead is 6 or more goals, the leading team will remove one field player; If the score gap gets within 3 goals, the team must go back to 4 players on the field.
Point system: 3 pts for win, 1 pt for tie, 0 pt for loss
Tie breaker Criteria during preliminary games (if 2-3 teams are tied in total points):
- Head to head competition,
- Fewest goals scored (max. 5 per game)
- Most goals allowed
- Most Shutouts
- Penalty kicks (1 kick take sudden death-this will continue thru all players rotating until we have a winner)
Tie breaker Criteria during playoffs or Final games
A 3 minute sudden death goal will determine the winner. If still tied:
- Each team will pull off a player (3v3) for 3 minutes, if still tied2.
- Each team will pull off a player (2v2) for 3 minutes, if still tied
- Each team will pull off a player (1v1) for 3 minutes, until a winner is decided.
Winners will receive:
- Championship team = Championship T-shirt
- Finalist team = Finalist T-shirt